Press History Workshop
- Documentation and Study of the History of the Greek Press Workshop (ETMIET)
- Register of Greek-speaking Journalists, Publishers and People of the Press in Greece and Abroad
Unit founding director: Dr Gioula Koutsopanagou ( email@example.com)
The aim of the ETMIET is to document the multi-faceted history of the Greek Press from the late 18th century to the present day and to correlate it with other national histories of the Press, as found in the relevant literature.
Within this context, ETMIET has undertaken the task to create a database of the Greek Press both in Greece and Abroad, including newspapers and magazines, a “Register of Greek-speaking Journalists, Publishers and People of the Press in Greece and Abroad”, and archives containing relevant bibliography, oral testimonies, personal archives and publications in digital form.
In addition the Workshop seeks:
- To organise research groups for the purpose of in-depth thematic analysis based on an interdisciplinary approach.
- To collaborate with professional press organisations and related academic and research institutions in Greece and abroad.
- To organise scholarly discussions and seminars
- To publish research findings. In collaboration with Papazisis Publishers, the Unit has inaugurated a series under the title of “History of the Greek Press: Documents, Testimonies and Studies”.
As part of this series, we published (2006) a book in Greek by Babis Marketos – owner-publisher-editor of the Greek-American newspaper The National Herald/Ethnikos Keryx (New York, 1915 to present) – entitled Greek-Americans:History of the Greek Diaspora in America.